Medieval torture devices created by men of god.
1.The Spanish Tickler. Not as cute as it sounds. Also known as the Cat’s Paw, was used to rake flesh off the bones of the receiver.
2. Judas Cradle. Pointed wooden device where the receiver would be suspended above it, legs spread apart, sometimes with weights tied to the nuts or feet. They would be dropped onto the cradle, then raised again, ready for the next round. If the receiver passed out, the torturer would wait till they came to, before resuming torture.
3. The Brazen Bull was a slow, painful torture device. Crafted into a bull-shape, this iron structure would be placed over a fire, and heat up, roasting the victim locked inside. The screams of pain come out of the bull via the nostrils, transforming the sounds into an animalistic bellow.
4. Although it looks kind of kinky, the Pear was an expansive tool inserted into any orifice of the receiver to mutilate the internal organs. Those found committing homosexual acts or other things that were classed as adultery were most likely to spread their legs for the Pear.
5. If you conceived an illegitimate child, these things would be applied, searing hot or not, to the boobies. They’d be clamped down around the flesh, and ripped off. They also invented a device to behead the male member too, lined with spikes and applied to the erect penis.
6. To me personally, the most terrifying was the Catherine Wheel/Breaking Wheel. The victim’s limbs would first be beaten so badly, that everything would be broken and the arms and legs were reduced to nothing but limp tentacles of blood and bone.This made it easy for the executioners to ‘braid’ the limbs onto the wheel, and…away they’d go. They’d be spun on the wheel, and then left there to die.
7. All these are very imaginative devices, but if they just wanted to cut to the chase, a plain ole hacking through the receiver from groin to brain would suffice.